Friday, October 15, 2010

More Family Fun!

In September, Luke and his fun family came for 10 days! We knew it was gonna be hard with 6 little kids, and it was, but it was lots and lots of fun! We just had to do things on their time, and their attitudes! We didn't get to do everything on our list we made, so I think they'll have to come back again soon so we can! Here are some fun memories!



The first day we went to Mala'ekehana and it was not the best beach for kids! We've been before and it was awesome, but everything depends on the time of year--this was not a good time of year for this beach, so we jumped off the tree and played in the sand pretty much the whole time!

Marshall wasn't so sure of the water--




The next day we did the PCC--it's always fun (don't ask mom, she'll tell you otherwise) Max and I waiting for the canoe pageant to start! It was kind of rainy in the morning and a cloudy day is perfect when you're at the PCC, but it all cleared up and it was HOT there! But still fun!



Teonna, Marshall and Paige waiting too! Teonna's soooo excited!




Saki (the one looking) is our upstairs neighbor! They are from Fiji and we love them! They will be lifelong friends of ours!





The cute kids posing in from of some pretty trees! I want Dane in all my pictures--look how fun he is!






We were trying to get a picture of the kids in front of the water fall and this is how it started....







We got the GREAT picture....


And then little funny things started...



The kids were tired and slap-happy!





Such cute kids--they had sooooooooo much fun with their cousins!















I wanted a picture with Luke and I, and for some reason, Luke can't take a cute picture--so this is what we got!


Oh lucky me got two weird pictures!




We rested for a day or two and just hung out close to home! It was fun for Dane and Paige to show Bentlee and Marshall all their fun friends and funny things they do here! Nobody really plays with toys, so they are always finding something to pretend or create! Marshall fit right in with the rowdy aggressive kids around here, but I think a few of them scared Bentlee, she's a little bit more cautious! We decided to go to all the kid friendly beached where the waves were little and there was lots of "beach" to play on! We went to Ko'Olina (one of our favorite spots) and spent the day there!



The Haouli couple if I've seen one--c'mon get a tan already! Just jokin! Hawaii is a lot more fun when you're not sunburned!







The girls love playing together-



















This one is pretty self-explanatory! This is one reason I LOVE THE BEACH!


We went to the Dole plantation which was a lot of fun! Bentlee loves pineapple so it was fun for them to see how it all works!
Feeding the big weird gold fish--I know they aren't actual "goldfish" but they are giant and strange looking! The kids loved it!

This darling little guy was a champ--I love Brigham!
We went on the train around the plantation--we loved it! Poor Brigham was sad the whole time, so Luke and Teonna didn't get to enjoy it, but it was really fun! There aren't trains in hawaii and my kids are used to seeing the train in Pima at least a couple times a day--so this was a treat!




Another beach day at Turtle Bay--another great kid beach! The lagoon is nice and calm! Nick and I like to go there and pretend we are on vacation and staying at the hotel with all the richies-

anyway--Luke played some fun water games with the kids and Teonna and I both got to lay out a little--when I say a little, I mean a little! The beach with babies is not always the most relaxing thing!!!




The kids really did have a great time together! I love it here, but I am excited for the day when my little kids get to play with their cousins a lot! Dane and Bentlee both have strong personalities and it's fun to watch them try to get the other one to do what they want--and Paige and Marshall are both crack ups! For about 3 days, marshall called Paige "Max"! He kept saying that she was Max too! I loved playing sequence with Luke and Tee at night and trying to talk Luke into singing like Toby Keith (SOOOOO FUNNY)! I loved Teonna's and my talks at night while the boys were night dive fishing! I loved walking to angel's a getting shave ice! I loved deciding who was gonna sit squished in the middle of the babies and holler at the kids while we were driving (Luke always said he was car sick--yea right!)I loved them getting to see our funny little life here and all the fabulous people that we have come to love! It was so much fun having them! Maybe again!

























No comments: